Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Plato's Closet and Prior Attire

A weekend ago I stopped by two stores, one a thrift store and one a consignment store.

My boyfriend suggested Prior Attire as he saw the name once somewhere. So I went to the store on 95th and Nall, next door to Sushi Gin (a decent sushi place). I never noticed the store before when I dined at Sushi Gin, so I think it recently relocated there from somewhere else.

My first impression when I entered the store was that it was a consignment store due to the quality of the items there. But it was a thrift store that accepts donations and then resells them to donate to charities instead. According to its website, it donated over $90,000 to over 40 KC charities in just last 4 years! Impressive. I am impressed with the items in the store, but I did not seem to find what I liked that day. If you like Coldwater Creek, Land's End, or Chico, this store may be for you.

The next store I went to was Plato's Closet. I discovered that it is a chain of stores everywhere in USA. My mom told me a Plato's Closet is opening in MN that will have three floors! I must check that out when I visit my family in Saint Paul next time. When I first entered the store on 135th and Quivira, first thing that I thought: "This is every teen's haven". Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch... there were so many clothings I did not have a chance to look at them. They do have a very decent selection.

Which consignment or thrift store shall I check out next? Maybe Savers on Santa Fe/Murlen and 95th/Nall. Just realized I missed the opportunity to stop by Savers when I visited Prior Attire. I did visit there before, just for books. Their book selection was amazing. I am not sure about their clothing. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home