Monday, April 10, 2006

Most expensive "item" in my home

Although I couldnt call Socks an item. He is part of my family. He turns 2 today!

There are some things that are priceless. Having a pet is one of them (you might say a child, but please do not mention it to me, eew).

I got him at Wayside Waifs animal shelter in KC,MO in February of 2005, so it has been a bit more than a year since I owned Socks.

Since I started budgetting in July 2005, so my data is only accurate from 7/1/2005 to now. I have paid a total of $2112.00 on him. That doesn't count February 2005 to June 2005, which included the $100 fee of getting him, leashes, food, vet shots, toys. I estimate $3000.

So - do not get a dog if you think you cannot afford it, or if your job is instable. They are priceless to us, yet expensive, to satisfy them.

Oh how could I forget the tile work. That is around $1900. $1900 + $3000 = ~$5000. Why am I including the tile installation in the pet cost, you ask. It was due to Socks' anxiety in Spring 2005 that destroyed the kitchen and hallway flooring. He also ate numerous of other items (blackberry recharger being one of them).

I hope that is a wake up call for those who are considering a dog. Be prepared for huge financial loss.

Oh who can resist this dog ? Happy birthday, Socks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Socks!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feliz cumpleaños señor Socks! :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

um. socks might be a siberian, german, or chinese but he is no way a spanish :)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home