Sunday, April 22, 2007

save the earth.

I went to KC EarthFest 2007 yesterday. I was glad I went! I knew about this event over a month ago, but did not bother to look it up until the day before :( thus, I had a hard time finding people to go along with me.

I decided to do a pledge thing - I pledged $100 and sure enough, I was able to collect $100 worth in donations (thanks guys!). I managed to find a friend, Dennis, to come with me. Socks went too.

At 9 am in the morning, we walked 2.7 miles, and I think we finished around 10 30 am. There was a refreshment tent full of yummy stuff - organic bananas, oranges, apples, and energy bars (those energy bars tasted sooo good - I need to find where they sell the bars and buy more). Water was also provided everywhere. There were over 70 booths! One booth gave out free "treelings" (baby trees) but I did not have a backyard so I did not get one. Entertainment was also provided on the stage, but I couldn't care less because it was all music and singing.

Altogether, I walked around 7 miles! I brought my pedometer with me and clocked my steps. 10,000 steps succeeded :)

And today I suffer for it with sore gluttons and legs...ahhh!

Do what you can to save the earth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounded like fun. Sorry I couldn't be there. I'll have to go next year.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home