Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ab Lounger

I am looking into getting an Ab Lounger. I have not decided yet if I will get one or not. I first saw one at Brian's house and tried it out. I instantly liked it, because it was less effort of doing ab execrise. We went over to Dicks' Sporting Goods store where he showed me the equipments. One was for 139 and another was for 99, I think. Hmm.

The gym has the apparatus for doing "situp" execrise with weights, and it is definitely more "burning" feeling than using the ab lounger, but it requires more work. Well, of course, situp on the groun or using weights require harder work, but results are quickly seen. With the ab lounger, I would need to do more reps and execrise longer, to see same results.

So, why not just use the gym's apparatus, as I already am paying $10 a month for the membership.. or do situps on the floor for free. Maybe. Is it convenience? I am not sure. Would I want an extra object in my home, taking a bit up more space?

I think I am starting to turn away from the idea of getting the ab lounger. Hmm.

Here's what an ab lounger looks like (taken from amazon.com):

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. I read and I also believe that the ab lounger is safer than normal situp in that it supports the neck and keeps you from putting extra pressure on your neck like in a normal situp. The weighted situps are also great. I use my bowflex for resitant crunches, but I only do that to supplement normal situps, not replace them. Just my thoughts.

1:51 PM  
Blogger eis271828 said...

I remember the ultra version being $149. I also didn't see much of a difference between the two, other than the mesh, a nicer finish, and handles on the top. The main question is: if you bought one, would you use it?

12:24 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Heh. So nope, im not buying it for 1) i prolly wont use it, 2) gonna end up as an ugly furniture 3) got the gym membership

thanks everyone for advices!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home