My Flooring Project: Completed at Last!
And yes, everything changed. Who would have thunk since March things kept changing due to "unforeseen circumstances" (my currently most hated word)? Rot was found in the bathroom subfloor, and my other floors were too "bouncy", thus ceramic tiles would not be feasible, unless I pay more to replace subfloor. And do I want to replace the subfloor? Nah.
So I went with pergo.
Waiting, and waiting for new floor to be replaced, especially since March. Socks has gotten tired of it as I am, in this picture below. See the pergo materials. Luckily Socks is being patient.
Then the day came. May 25, 2006. We waited and waited until 3 pm and finally the install guys came.
4 pm. Wow those guys were fast.
Well nevermind. It was 9 pm when the guys finally left! Enjoy the results below!
I discovered that the pergo materials are practically twice or thrice the price of ceramic tiling materials, but labor is practically 1/3 the cost of ceramic tiles. So basically, they both cost the same. I just saved some hundreds because I decided to do the bathroom floor myself with help of my coworker.
After three months the end result is: priceless.